How to Exhibit with us
We welcome submissions from artists who have visited us or reviewed our website and feel their work would be a good fit with the ethos of the gallery. Please note – we receive a high volume of applications and as a result can only respond to successful applicants.
What do we look for?
To select work we are looking for 5 main things:
1. Locally Made – all work has to be made in Yorkshire or the North East or we won’t even consider it
2. High Quality – we expect work to be of a high standard of craftsmanship or artistic skill
3. Exclusive – work must be not be stocked anywhere else locally
4. Unique – we are often on the lookout for work with a difference, something unusual or quirky
5. Price – the price needs to be right for us and our customers
We only accept applications via email or letter/post. If you visit us to show us your portfolio you will be turned away.
Email – Please ensure that the images do not exceed 300KB each and that the total size of the email does not exceed 2MB. If your images are too large do not send more than one email, burn the images to CD and send them via post.
Letter/Post – If you would like any hard copy items returned please include a stamped self addressed envelope with your submission.
Your submission should contain the following:
1. Up to 6 images of your recent work (completed within the last 12 months) indicating titles, media, dimensions and retail prices
2. Short CV/biography detailing education, recent exhibitions etc
3. An artist’s statement detailing concepts, themes of work, techniques and materials used etc
4. Full contact details including daytime telephone number and email address
5. The URL of your website if you have one
In the event that we would like to further consider your work, we will contact you directly and you will be issued with a copy of our Terms and Conditions which detail our commission charges and other relevant information.
The Showcase Gallery
11 Finkle Street, Richmond
North Yorkshire, DL10 4QA
Tel: 01748 822400
Monday - Saturday: 9:30am to 5:00pm
Bank Holidays: 11:00am to 4:00pm